9 useful facilitation tools for virtual classroom
1. Polling can be created on paid version of Zoom as well as MS Teams. Share results of polls to members. Example as an ice-breaker on generation diversity.
2. “Break out rooms” in Zoom for pair-n-share.
3. Whiteboard on Zoom for Affirmation to a group member, brainstorm or leaving feedback. Eg. Pose a question such as “Your favourite Leader”. “Annotate” function allows you to save the screen in a folder as a keepsake esp if its a “Affirmation” card.
4. Padlet is another tech whiteboard on its own. Used in the same way as above to write affirmations for someone or feedback. Create columns eg “I like” vs “I wish you could”. You can also load photos/images for sharing eg ice-breaker instead of bringing an item to class for “Show and Tell”, ask participanta to share their favourite item, or what they had for lunch.
5. MURAL – Post-its for brainstorming eg in case study. Alternatives are Miro and Google’s Jamboard.
6. Kahoot for simple exercises to test recall of information and understanding.
7. Menti-meter to survey the room eg years of experience. Sharing of expectations. Polling can be done. Brainstorm of ideas.
8. Classroom Screen for timers eg to track time taken for an activity or break
9. Wheel of names – for awkward moments where no participant wants to share. Round robin – cold calling.
10. Url shortener: https://www.shorturl.at/
11. How to download videos – Sign up for premium account. Add ss to youtube.
#Techtools #Virtual #Facilitation
Pingback: More useful tools for virtual classroom | Joanne Koo's Blog